Staten Island Camera Club
Staten Island Camera Club
Serving the Staten Island community since 1954.
Why Not Consider Joining Us?
- We will be offering monthly Image Critiques, where we share helpful tips and review images brought to the group for discussion. We also will do virtual training and helpful discussions regarding photography and editing images. Once a month members who wish to compete with others in photo competitions will receive valuable feedback from certified judges. What's more, if you compete you will be eligible to enter your images for Image of the Year in the Spring of 2021. Competing is not mandatory but encouraged as a learning and development process that will benefit almost any one who participates. Basically through Critique Sessions and Competitions you get to share your images with others and make possible the recognition they deserve.
- If you are interested I can add your email address to our Google groups email, so you can keep getting our communications, but you need to let me know if that's OK. We will be resuming our virtual meetings in early January. Should you wish to attend and or want to join I can send you the particulars on how to access us through Zoom. Also, as you may know, we run a Meet-up Group and do have outdoor photo shoots practicing social distancing that you can participate in as a member.
- I'm sure you have other questions so feel free to respond back and I will try my best to answer them.
- Thanks for reading this and I hope to hear from you soon. Use the contact form below to do so.
- By the way - as I said, we are offering a discounted membership to new members that join this month.
Self indulgence in any form of creative expression can leave you in a vacuum unless you are completely confident and never lack inspiration or need criticism. I don’t think I know very many people like that. Being a photographer, whether you do it for a living or as a hobby, is often something we think that should be done on your own. I often here, “I don’t want to come back with the same pictures as every one else.” Really, I never come back with the same picture as others. As creative people we all have different image making skills and points of view. Why not share them? There are many ways to meet other photographers and make friends. Local Meet-up Groups, camera clubs, online groups and forums . I’m sure if you go down to your local camera store and talk with the owner they would know other keen photographers they could introduce you to.
One recommendation I would strongly make and that is to hang out with other photographers who have a similar way of enjoying photography and like to share ideas and techniques.
Membership matters. Whether you are a hobbyist or a professional photographer, joining a photography club is one of the best ways to improve your skills. The club can also be a good venue for meeting people who share the same interest as yours. You will not only form new friendships, you’ll also have fun while learning new things about a craft that you love.
We are currently conducting a Membership Drive. So why not contact us if you want to join our club and take your photography to the next level.
It’s easy to join! Come to a meeting and join with your cash or check.
Limited Time Annual dues: $75 per individual.
Or fill out the form below
Our Current Meeting Schedule
Click to joint our Photo Critique Meet-up?
Click here to : See our Meet-Up Page.
Club Officers for 2020-21
Dennis Arculeo, President
Eric Mayr,1st VP
Mark Harris 2nd VP
Carol Mayr, Secretary
Competition Chairperson: Carol Mayr
Clix Editor: Dennis Arculeo
Webmaster: Dennis Arculeo
Delegate to the NJFCC Dennis Arculeo